How do I know that my Ledger HW Wallet is using receive addresses for my wallet and not another remote wallet?

How do I know that my Ledger HW Wallet is using receive addresses for my wallet and not another remote wallet?

I'm a paranoid newb, I bought a hardware wallet (Ledger nanos) and have transferred funds to it. I noticed that it generates P2SH addresses, so how could I know if the script hashed is spendable by my own wallet only?

The wallet could very well generate P2SH multisig addresses that could be spendable remotely by the wallet manufacturer.

I understand I could transfer these funds to myself and check the ScriptSig, but that would be too late.

https://ift.tt/2TfO7Kc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bitcoin Core errors with database block

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict