Is OP_RETURN combined with a hash, appropriate for proof of existence of an asset?

Is OP_RETURN combined with a hash, appropriate for proof of existence of an asset?

I want to store a hash (of a tweet) in a way that is :

  • Censorship proof
  • Public
  • Unchangeable
  • Persistent
  • Non centralized
  • Less expensive as possible, obviously free if possible

Technology offered by the blockchain seems to fit my needs.

Since I don't want to run my own blockchain because I didn't find a way to do it for free (or does it makes sense to run my own blockchain on my own server ?). After reading on the subject, I came up using an existing coin (Bitcoin ?) and as you may guess to the OP_RETURN field in a transaction. But storing my hash in that field is really appropriate ?

Can't I use other coins for that, or create my own coin ?

Since I will store lots (3k/day) of tweets, will it not be expensive to do so ?

https://ift.tt/2ELY0cs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bitcoin Core errors with database block

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict