How do mining pools connect to the Bitcoin network and miners connect to pool?

How do mining pools connect to the Bitcoin network and miners connect to pool?

I couldn't find the answer anywhere so I start a thread.

  1. How do mining pools connect to the Bitcoin network to propagate transactions and blocks? Do they run their own full node? If yes, how many of full nodes? I presume it's hard to run a mining pool with only one full node because it's IP will be exposed to some network attack like DDoS.
  2. How do miners connect to a pool? Is there any server running by mining pools so miners can connect to?
https://ift.tt/2OTHEmQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tor proxy on Electrum, what does Port: 9150 and 9050 mean?

Can we see Blockchain decentralized data like a mathematical duality or morphisms between representations?

How to use Bitssa to your advantage?