Older Android Bitcoin Wallet Backup, Bitcoins lost because of transactions done afterwards?

Older Android Bitcoin Wallet Backup, Bitcoins lost because of transactions done afterwards?

I use the Android Bitcoin Wallet App (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet). I have an old backup from my wallet and also still know the password. My old phone crashed and I did not worry much because of the backup, but when I installed the wallet again yesterday, I saw the old transactions and a total of 0 BTC. I transferred a small amount to Kraken in January to exchange it to other currencies and it seems that the App did create a new address for the remaining sum? I can see the transaction in the blockchain and the new address that now holds my remaining bitcoins.

Are those bitcoins lost now? :-o Or is there any way to have the wallet recover the new address again somehow?

https://ift.tt/2HvHxd7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bitcoin Core errors with database block

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict